Suffered A Slip, Trip Or Fall Accident, Or Dog Bite?
In New York state, the effective handling of premises liability and dog bite injury cases can be very challenging. For example:
- Have you been bitten by a dog? The burden is on you to establish that the dog owner had prior notice that the animal was dangerous. We can conduct an investigation to determine whether the dog that attacked you has a history of past aggression.
- Were you injured on city property? In Lindenhurst, you have just 90 days to file a claim with the municipality.
- Were you injured on ice or snow? If a contractor was responsible for maintaining the property, your claim will involve multiple parties, including the property owner and the independent property maintenance company.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys On Long Island
At the Lindenhurst, New York, law firm of Phillips, Artura & Cox, Attorneys at Law, our lawyers have handled dozens of personal injury cases involving dangerous property and dog bites. We can explain your options if you were injured:
- On a municipal sidewalk that was not level or had large gaps
- On a private sidewalk belonging to a condominium association, a townhouse association or another organization
- In a store/retail establishment or private residence
We can pursue your claim for damages even if your injury was “defensive” – meaning that you were injured not from dangerous property per se but perhaps by trying to break your fall. And we can work quickly to obtain information from municipalities to strengthen your claim.
Contact Us Today!
For experienced legal representation after a dog bite or any other injury, contact the law firm of Phillips, Artura & Cox, Attorneys at Law. We offer free initial consultations, are available for evening appointments, charge competitive rates and are conveniently located in the village of Lindenhurst south of Sunrise Highway by the Lindenhurst train station. To contact a lawyer, call 631-226-2100.